Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A response from Ashley

From Ashley:
I went to bed last night at 9 p.m., thinking this would go well with my problem of waking up at 4 a.m. every morning. If my first try at this is any gauge, it turns out that waking at 4 a.m. isn't my new normal, rather it's my mind's problem with checking out for more than five hours. So I was up with a lot on my mind at 2 a.m. I've read all your emails and responded to a few. My poor sister, she gets my grief unadulterated. At the same time, Janey gets to see (rather than just hear about) how improved I am between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. after being washed by waves and waves of love from you all. All the gifts that are pouring in are too much for my pride. (Cancer is too much for my pride, too.) I know I need to accept both with as much improbable grace as I can muster. So I want to say that all the love and sheer mobilization on my, Al and Sunny's behalf are helping us a great deal and we will forever be grateful.
August 26, 2008 2:12 AM

No comments: