Sunday, August 17, 2008

God, please help Ashley sleep peacefully tonight. Give her a good rest and help her wake up refreshed. I ask that while she sleeps you heal her body from the effects of the chemotherapy. Heal her lungs and shrink the tumors.

I pray for Al and Sunny. Help them to create a space for healing for Ashley. Give them wisdom to know how they can be of help and grace even when they are hurting and fearful. Bless their home and fill it with your spirit.

Thank you, God, for Sunny's maturity and wisdom. Thank you that she has a soul wise beyond her years. Thank you for her smarts and her bubbly personality. Thank you that she brings sunshine with her where she goes. Bless her and keep her and hold her in your arms.

I pray tonight in the name of Jesus, who knew pain and suffering and yet promised to comfort us. I pray as I hear the words of the song "He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock, and covers it there with his hand." I claim that cosmic hiding place, that place where your hand covers and protects us, for Ashley and her family. Amen.

No comments: