Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I've sent emailed invitations to those friends of Ashley who have contacted me or otherwise indicated an interest in posting something on this blog. Anyone who didn't get an invitation can email me and I'll add them to the list. My email is mtpalmer@ncat.edu.

I'me glad other people are posting stuff. Every time I sit down to write, I feel a little hypocritical, because I have to edit or censor my prayers for public viewing. Sometimes I just feel like yelling at God and ranting against the universe, which wouldn't help anyone. So I rant and yell in private and share my finer thoughts online. But it gets burdensome. So, I look forward to having other people's finer thoughts to read and be inspired by, so that together we can laugh, share the most positive feelings and prayers we can, and lift Ashley up. And I also love David Sedaris. Laughter is very healing, and he certainly can make you laugh.

I'm tired and I can only imagine how tired Ashley is, physically and emotionally. I pray tonight for rest for her. God, give her sound, renewing sleep. Bless and heal my friend. Bless her family and her circle of friends. Amen.

No comments: