Thursday, August 21, 2008

FROM ASHLEY

Much Love
As my hair is falling out, I mourn the loss of my lovely curls. You read all the time how some people with cancer believe their diagnosis was some sort of blessing in disguise. Me, I mostly just liked the new curls. Not much else about this I’d call a blessing.

So many people have brought us food, gifts, cards, haircuts, foot massages, elbow grease, this blog, books and other well wishes. So very many have called, written and emailed. A nutritionist we met with yesterday veered from his field just a little (it was fine) and tried to impress upon me the importance of hope. He suggested a message for me to jot down and put up around the house: “I am deeply, deeply loved.” I don’t need to post this to know it is true.
Much love,Ashley

No comments: