Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Big Legged Women Unite

It was a joy and privilege to see Ashley, Sunny, and Al this weekend in Asheville. I was so excited to have her in the audience at the Womansong concert...knowing I could sing to her and for her in person. Perhaps she received my message from the stage, pointing directly at her, that "You'll Never Walk Alone". There is one prayer I keep sending to my dear Ashley who sooooo inspires me (and half the Big Legged Women in North Carolina)...and that is that she is not alone. Our love and thoughts go with her everywhere like a sweet blanket to cuddle up into.

There is only one woman I know who can take on the big social injustice bullies of the world, cuss them out under her breath with a few well timed S**T and F**K, and smile that beautiful sweet smile of hers all the while. She's a great kind of woman to be!

Virtual hugs to her all day long ...until I see her again in September.
Althea

No comments: