Monday, August 18, 2008

I just got a message from my brother Andres, who spent about 8 months in Chapel Hill and became a part of Ashley's extended family. He tried to post a message on this blog but didn't suceed. He asked me to tell Ashley "You are wonderful." He says "es realmente una bella persona, la recuerdo con mucho cariño." (She's truly a beautiful person; I remember her fondly.)
Ash, all the Ungers think you are the best.

Creator, God, on this Monday morning it's hard to face a long week of work when what I really want to do is go help Ashley in whatever way I can. But I know Ashley doesn't need me to be there right now, crowding her and forcing her to spend energy visiting. Help me have patience and to be ready to respond when needed, knowing that my availability is part of what sustains her. Help us, her friends, to find ways to let her know of our love. Give us words of comfort to write to her and wisdom to know when to speak. Help Ashley know what to ask for and whom to ask when she needs help.

Today, please give Ashley energy to accomplish what is most important to her this day. Give her strength, heal her body and give her peace of mind.

I pray for a wonderful soccer practice for Sunny and a good day in court for Al. Bless their home and make it a place of healing and rest. Amen

6 comments:

Jay Johnson said...

May God help you through this time of need and may you, your family, and friends be granted the strength to endure. My family and I will keep you in our prayers. Ashley you are a wonderful person and I thank you for the opportunities you gave me personally.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Maria, for giving everyone the opportunity to check in periodically. Jenn, Amani and I are thinking about Ashley all the time and sending you lots of strength and love.

Barb Fedders

Ruby Sinreich said...

I just learned on Sally Greene's blog about the recurrence of Ashley's cancer. What sad news.

Even though I don't see her everyday, my life is improved daily by Ashley's presence in this community. Her emotional strength is a model to me personally, and her struggle equal justice for all of us will ensure a lasting legacy.

Ashley, I'll be keeping you in mind and sending warmth and metta your way.

SerenityLife said...

Praying for Ashley. I know God is giving her the strength to take life one day at a time. Continue to mediate and be at peace with his word! You are a blessing!

[known as TheJennTafur on Twitter and &@ruby on twitter let me know about this blog]

Ashley Osment said...

This blog is slightly horrifying, but for all of you who wonder how I tolerate Maria praying all over me, she's done it for years and I've survived it! (I've probably even said a few prayers for her.)

I do want to thank everyone for their very much-felt presence since the last week of July, when we were hit with the news that I now have ovarian carcinosarcoma that has metastasized to my lungs.

It has been and is anguishing, but there a glimpses of great beauty that I will be sharing on this blog when the muse strikes.

Love, Ashley

Janet said...

Ashley, your comments made me smile. Maria, your prayers are beautifully written and clever and perfect, and this coming from me, a rather agnostic gal at best. What a great idea to make a blog! The pictures are beautiful too. Ashley, I think about you often and wish I had the power to make you feel all better. Thanks, Maria, for this opportunity to share comments and warm wishes and prayers for our Ashley Osment, one of the bad-a**iest chicks I know, one of the funniest, smartest, prettiest (even though that isn't supposed to matter, but it does...), nicest, warmest, half-craziest, creativest, funnest people I know. Ashley, you go girl. You send those cancer cells packing. Love, Janet.