Friday, August 22, 2008

I give thanks this morning for the rain and the wet earth and the many birds and squirrels and other animals celebrating outside my window this morning. What a luxury of green! The leaves cover my view and I can't even see the neighbor's house. I feel rich in nature. I wish I could share this with those around the world who struggle in draught-stricken areas. Why is it, God, that we can't share fairly? So many of us would like to give Ashley a little bit of the health we enjoy. This morning, through this prayer, please take our love and our bodies as an offering for Ashley. In this cosmic order which seems more like chaos, I know that love does make a difference. I know that as I think about her and pray for her there is a healing that happens. Maybe this is the best I can do to share. God, make it enough for today. Give Ashley another day of improving health. Bless her with joy. Amen.

No comments: