Monday, September 1, 2008

Tenacity and Resolve

Tenacity, strength. We pray for these for Ashley. As her aching body begs for rest, let her resolve not weaken. God, I take comfort in the story of the mustard seed. In the gospels, Jesus tells his disciples that faith the size of a mustard seed is enough. I know Jesus himself must have doubted often. Could he really defy the powers of oppression? Could he keep going when everyone doubted? Would his sandals last all the way to Jerusalem? I'm sure that sometimes he felt too weak and too small to keep going. When he talked about faith the size of a mustard seed, he probably knew from experience.

Give Ashley the assurance that your love and our combined and growing faith is enough. Help her draw strength and resolve from those around her who are pouring their love into her healing.

Thank you, God, that when we find the courage to think deeply of Ashley's healing, we find you there, giving us strength and new resolve. Then we know that praying and thinking with and for Ash is sustaining us and her. We pray for more courage to ask, to pray, with even a little bit of faith--the size of a mustard seed.

1 comment:

Ashley Osment said...

Mayi, This morning I saw some new red slippers sitting in the living room. I tried them and they felt good! (Not a common thing for my nerve-damaged feet.) I just asked Sunny where these slippers came from? She said, "Mayi." Thank you, my friend.