Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Praying for Grace to Receive

God, today I pray that you bless Ashley with the realization that we want to help her, cook and clean for her, etc., etc., etc.... because we are able and because we love her--and that she will never owe anything nor be able to do anything that somehow makes it even. I know none of us deserve the blessings we enjoy. Every time I go to Peru and see young women walking with their children late at night, waiting for over-full buses, working for pennies an hour, and smiling at me, I feel that the universe messed up. I question your love and justice. I know I don't deserve a home in Chapel Hill, wonderful friends, health, beautiful children... the list is endless. But accepting these blessings with grace and being willing to use them and use my time and energy to bless others is a start in making the universe seem a little less unfair. I can also feel your joy when I do it. God, help me, as I try to bless others, to also stop, breath deeply and enjoy the beauty that surrounds me and the undeserved acts of love offered to me. Help Ashley to enjoy the beauty that surrounds her and to accept with joy the undeserved acts of love offered to her. Bless her with improved health today and each day this week. Amen.

No comments: