Sunday, January 11, 2009

On a wet sunday morning

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, but Ashley spent most of it in the ER at UNC hospital getting tests done to try to figure out the reason behind a fever. Then the fever left and she got to go home. My doubting heart's reaction was: "Are they being wreckless?" "How can they send her home without any answers?"
But then I remembered all our prayers. Wasn't this what we were praying for?
God, we know fear is the enemy of peace and of healing. Take away our fear. Help us relax and accept that we simply don't have all the answers all the time, that we are not in control of this situation. Yet all is well. Our prayers and thoughts and love are all powerful medicine. The kind that brings about unexplained miracles of healing. I pray for Ashley's healing and for strength and faith to believe in it. I pray for pain-free rest as she recovers at home. I thank you for all her friends and family and their healing love. I pray on this Sunday in the name of the great healer who told us not to worry beyond each day. God of creation and of healing and peace, give Ashley a pain-free Sunday of healing, in Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

zyrusun said...

And so we all pray. May peace be sent to Ashley's family and her body so that she may receive the healing that we all so desperatly are praying will come. Please Lord bring all our wisdom to those that are caring for Ashley, guide them in the direction that will create a joyous outcome.

lajo said...

Ashley,

I just recently learned of your illness's return, and am heartbroken by the fact that your and your beautiful family must face such hardship. I think of you often with love, gratitude, and respect, and think of your family as well. You all were so kind to me, and you taught me so much. Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help, even from here in NYC. If you need anything at all-- lauraaliajones@gmail.com.

Keeping you in my prayers,

Laura