Friday, October 17, 2008

Answered Prayers

I wasn't going to post what I wrote on Sunday, but reading what Ashley sent me last night (next post) I decided it was worth sharing. It is just such a beautiful example of answered prayer. I basically asked God to help me get an attitude adjustment. I was willing (trying) to listen, to slow down, to be thankful for life), so that I could keep praying and loving my family and friends. Ashley is part of both groups. And then I realized that Ashley has discovered that secret and is living with joy. She takes the bad with the good and focuses each minute on the good. And I can be part (when I do have the attitude and faith) to be part of the good. Thank you, God.

The most fun I had this week is crashing Ashley's house with Sofia and doing the dishes. Sofi was really worried that we would "get caught." But of course we did, because we left behind a jacket, chicha, etc. My daughter, who NEVER gets excited about doing ANY housework whatsoever, was excited and helpful, sneaking in to do a good deed. I think Ashley has unleashed a powerful force for good out on the community. It's transforming people. I'm praying it will even work its magic on the elections.

Well, God, I'm running to do a presentation in Raleigh. Give me kind words to speak to the teachers there. I pray for safety on the road. No more exciting rescues, please. Please let mechanics have enough work without me today. Help Ashley have a great, joyful, feel-good day. Bless Sunny and Al and Luna. Love, Maria

No comments: